When activated using the safe and easy to operate blue touch paper fuse, the Cimexine Bed Bug and Insect Smoke Bomb releases a powerful insecticidal smoke into a confined space which is effective against a wide range of flying and crawling insects. The 11g Smoke Bomb is designed to treat areas of up to 400 metres cubed, although it is important that windows and doors are closed so that the insecticidal fog is confined. Containing 13.25% Permethrin in a special formulation, this is the strongest product approved for amateur use on the market by some distance and yet leaves no visible deposit after use.
For use against flying and crawling insects such as houseflies, clusterflies, fruitflies, mosquitoes, wasps, moths, fleas, bedbugs, ants, cockroaches and stored product insects including saw-toothed grain beetle and adult grain weevils. For use in domestic situations, public hygiene areas including hospitals (not occupied wards), industrial and municipal buildings and food handling/storage/manufacturing premises. May also be used in zoos, pet shops, kennels, veterinary practices and laboratory animal houses (excluding animal pens and cages). Not for use on grain or in empty grain stores.
Rate of application: Needs to be applied at a rate of one generator per: 120m3 for flying insects 30m3 for fleas and carpet moths; or 7.5m3 for bedbugs, ants and cockroaches As a rough guide to the number of fumers required, refer to the following table:
Instructions for use: For best results fumigate in the late afternoon and leave the house or building for a minimum period of 2 hours.
- Consider how many fumers you need for the room to be treated (consult table). Heavy infestations and bed bugs may require more than one application.
- Clear people and animals including fish from the room before use.
- Place canister(s) spaced out on the floor surface on a heat resistant surface e.g. a plate on top of a sheet of aluminium foil 50cm x 50cm.
- Make the area to be fumigated as smoke tight as possible by closing all windows etc.
- Open canister(s) and light the fuse on the canister furthest from your exit point first, then light the next fumer and move towards your exit point. Close the door on exit, it is not necessary to seal the door with tape.
- Leave for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight and then ventilate the room thoroughly.
- For severe infestations fumigate 3 times at 5 to 7 day intervals.
- For bed bug treatments always use in conjunction with Cimexine Bug Duster powder and Cimexine Insectaclear Strong insecticide.
IMPORTANT: THIS PRODUCT MAY EMIT SOME SPARKS UPON IGNITION. CAUTION MUST BE TAKEN WHEN LIGHTING THE PRODUCT.